The Divinity Students Association Wellness Initiative endeavors to transform Swift Hall into an environment that values wellness and to help students maintain a healthy body, healthy mind and healthy life as they make their way through the rigorous curriculum of graduate school. Inspired by the Wellness Initiative at the Pritzker School of Medicine, the DSA Board has reserved funds for small grants of up to $100 to fund events created by students to advance these aims. The goal is to feature student-driven events that build community and are non-academic in focus. Possible examples could include a Super Bowl party, a movie night, board game party, Dungeons and Dragons game night, ice skating at Millennium Park, etc. If you have questions, please email DSA Wellness Chair, Mark Lambert at:
- Wellness Grant requests can be initiated by individuals or small groups of interested students; these requests are usually independent of affinity groups or student organizations who have their own funding models
- Wellness Grant funding is typically used for resources designed to help students promote wellbeing and community building.
- Preference will be given to applicants who have not yet received a Wellness Grant during the current academic year (first day of Autumn Quarter – last day of Summer Quarter)
- Requests due at least two weeks prior to the proposed event.
- Events that are funded by a Wellness Initiative Grant must be advertised on the DSA Newsletter and on the student listservs. Helpful information can be found on the DSA website.
- Although you may have a particular cohort or program in mind, events must ultimately be open to the entire Swift community.
- The maximum amount of a Wellness Initiative Grant is $100, and funds cannot be used for the cost of gas or alcohol.
Step 2: Grant recipients will receive awarded funds in the form of a reimbursement. Recipients must submit a complete reimbursement request to no later than 3 months after the date of your event. Include:
- Reimbursement Request form
- Receipt copies documenting expenses
- W-9 Form